It’s been 4 years…
- since you looked at me, with that wonderful smile.
- since you last tole me “I love you”.
- since I last climbed in your bed during a thunder storm because I was scared.
- since you last made me mad at you.
- since you last killed a spider as I ran away screaming.
- since we last went shopping for you.
- since you last said “don’t you ever get tired of being right”.
- since I last got to hug you.
- since I promised you would come home from the hospital.
- since you brightened my day, just by being you.
- since we last played GW together.
- since I failed you.
I FAILED YOU!
People tell me that I didn’t fail you, but I still to this day, know it’s true.
I failed you in so many ways, but I love you.
Life has been hard without you but I know you are with Pepper now, and your Mom and Dad.
I don’t begrudge you for going as I know your body was failing, but I still miss you.
I think of you every day.
I’m sorry we didn’t get out to see you this year, but life has been hell lately.
I know that’s just an excuse, and we missed last year too.
But please don’t think I forget.
I’ve never gone looking to replace you, because I know that would never be possible, but I’ve also learned, that there is no one even close to you.
You will ALWAYS be my Mommy,
and just always know,